Cloud computing has been one the best developments in the world of information technology in recent years. ‘Cloud servers’ have become very popular and are widely used by individuals as well as companies.
A ‘public cloud’ hosted by a cloud provider carries a huge cost benefit as the computing resources are shared by many users. This cost benefit, however, is overshadowed by the lack of strong data security, compromised performance, limited cloud customization options, and less reliable uptime, due to the nature of the service. These can be limiting factors for an enterprise which requires a more robust cloud solution.
For enterprises that require the highest levels of data security, performance, infrastructure customization and uptime, another type of cloud solution known as a ‘private cloud’ is available. Just like a public cloud, a private cloud is also very cost-effective compared to traditional IT infrastructure.
Call us at 888-400-5732 or submit your information on our Cloud Computing Quote form, so we can work with you to identify the best cloud configuration, and to find the most qualified private cloud provider for your business needs. Due to the enterprise-level features it offers at a massive cost advantage, the private cloud has become the primary choice for many enterprises when it comes to cloud computing. Here are some major benefits:
- Speed of Implementation: This is one of the most important factors for business success in today’s competitive and rapidly changing business environment. A private cloud can be leased and setup much faster than traditional IT infrastructure, as you don’t need to wait to procure necessary computing hardware or to set up the infrastructure yourself.
- High Performance: In a private cloud, the computing hardware and network environment are dedicated solely to your organization and not shared with other companies. This ensures high performance and virtually zero downtime.
- Cost Benefit: With a private cloud, you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on procuring the IT infrastructure. You can scale or shrink the cloud infrastructure quickly, as you see fit. You lease only the amount of computing resources you need at any given time. Since the cloud solution provider sets up the infrastructure, there’s no need to pay an IT professional to do it for you either. A professional provider is very efficient at procuring, setting up, and managing IT infrastructure. This means the cost benefit is passed on to you.
- Security: A private cloud is hosted at the cloud provider’s secure datacenter, and is accessible under your organization’s firewall. Hence, access to the data and computing resources is restricted to employees and partners chosen by you. Also, a good cloud solution provider will employ the highest level of security for the physical data and network. They will also ensure ample redundancy at the datacenter, to keep your data safe at all times.
- Customization: With a private cloud you can design IT infrastructure to suit your changing business needs. Hardware, data storage, and network can all be set up to your specifications at any given moment, without the need for you to be physically present at the datacenter. This gives you the same flexibility as owning your own traditional IT infrastructure environment.
Do bear in mind that you need to find a good provider who will work with you to help you make best use of all the benefits that private cloud computing has to offer. Call us at 888-400-5732 or submit your information on our Cloud Computing Quote form and we will narrow down the perfect cloud configuration as well as the best provider for your unique needs.